Greenpeace is the leading independent environmental
organization that utilizes bold action, cutting-edge research and creative
communications to protect the Earth. We expose global environmental problems
and promote the solutions that are essential to a green and peaceful future. We
investigate, document and expose environmental destruction in a peaceful manner
and promote open, informed debate about society's environmental choices. To
ensure our independence we do not accept donations from corporations or
governments. To learn more about us, please visit our website at www.greenpeace.org
Diverse perspectives and experiences enhance the way Greenpeace selects
and approaches issues, as well as the creativity and effectiveness of
our campaigns. Greenpeace therefore strongly encourages applications
from women, people of color, and other diverse communities.
The Supporter Care Representative fields calls, email, letters, live chats, and any other inquiries from donors and the public. The representatitve is also responsible for serving as a liason with the campaign, communications, and development department to ensure appropriate messaging, and that quality data is collected and input into the membership database. In addition, the representative will monitor public interest and response to Greenpeace and its campaigns and report back to the wider staff as appropriate.
The position is currently located in Washington, DC. Special considerations could be made in unique circumstances.
1. Respond to donors' correspondence and inquiries regarding their membership, gift activity, status, and concerns.
A. Use database to research, assess and solve donor problems and concerns.
B. Update donor records to reflect requested changes.
C. Solicit further support for the organization (renewals, upgrades, etc.)
2. Respond to questions and concerns regarding Greenpeace campaign activities and the organization.
3. Sort, organize and respond appropriately to incoming correspondence (mail & e-mail) for Supporter Care Department.
4. Create and utilize opportunities to recruit new members via phone, e-mail and regular mail.
5. Track inquiries by subject matter, number and frequency.
5. Ensure quality and accuracy of all data entered in the membership database.
6. Liaise with other departments regarding content of calls and administrative systems as appropriate.
7. Make outbound calls to supporters and donors to provide good stewardship and to raise funds for the organization.
8. Perform other job related duties as requested or assigned by the Supporter Care Manager.
• Excellent written and oral communications skills.
• Word processing and database skills necessary
• Proven interpersonal skills
• Strong organizational skills and attention to detail
• Excellent sales and customer services skills
• Ability to develop written correspondence in response to specific requests as well as to use good judgement in dealing with a wide variety of inquiries.
• Proven ability to recap information on complex issue into a simple format that can be understood by the general public.
• Proven experience in working with/responding to general public in a customer relations setting.
• Understanding of and experience with database systems.
• Knowledge of environmental issues or willingness to learn about issues relevant to the job.
• Salary 33K
• Health and Dental Insurance
• Paid Vacation and Sick leave
• 6% 401K Employer match
• Public Transportation Allowances
• Discounts with Patagonia, Zip Car, Dell, AT&T, and more
Location: Washington, DC
Application deadline is February 20, 2013